Sunday, November 6, 2016

Everything With Time

I am my harshest critic. I often critique my paintings and almost immediately find something I don't like and something I could have done better.  A growing frustration with myself.

But as I am often reminded, things will come with time. That I haven't peaked yet and I still have a lot to learn and to grow still. But growing up in this social media age has often left this need for competition in my life. I often compare myself to my peers and find myself with this constant struggle of wanting more before I am ready to handle more.

This adjustment to post-grad life is not easy. I go to work, I come from work, I do chores, and I repeat for the next five days. No homework, no studying, no school.  This new free time is something I am not familiar with.

A photo posted by Finding Hannah (@findinghannahsmusic) on



But everything will come with time. My time to shine just hasn't happened yet, and that is okay. I may not be in some form of educational institution at the moment, but that doesn't mean my learning has stopped. Knowledge is power, and a failure to continue to learn will only set you back.

I don't think there will never be a time I will not be hard on myself. It is simply part of my personality and my quest to be the best I can be. It is frustrating when I don't get there on the time table I have established. I will admit sometimes my time table is unrealistic, but nonetheless frustrating.

But one of the most influential people in my life said "Keep your head down, and keep going." With that piece of advice, I have kept going, some of which was through a dark time in my life. But nonetheless, I kept going.

So even if you feel like you are at your wits end, keep going. You will be surprised where you end up.


"Good character is not formed in a week or a month. It is created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good character." - Heraclitus

No comments:

Post a Comment