Saturday, December 10, 2016

7 Things to Look Forward to This Winter



With winter rapidly approaching and Christmas drawing closer by the day, I felt this would be an optimal time to express what I love most about the cold weather.

1. Snow: I love the cold weather. Seeing snow on the ground is one of things that gets me out of bed in the morning, mainly to scrape the ice off my windshield, so I can get to work on time. But nonetheless, I love how pretty it makes outside.

2. Christmas Lights : As cliched as it sounds, I love christmas. Last year me and my best friend checked out the Zoo Lights at the Detroit Zoo, and I highly recommend it.  Not only are the lights cute, there are tons of winter activities to partake in.



3.Gingerbread Houes: Although I have never actually eaten one because all the ones I have made come from a kit from the store. The process of making them is still the best part. I love making the little villages and its a festive way to showcase my art.  





4. Sundays: While it is probably true you can have a lazy Sunday in any season, I particularly like them in the winter. I just feel less guilty when I don't get out of bed until 1 or 2 in the afternoon, and watch Netflix for most of the day. Before you throw judgement my way, every article I have seen says all successful people need a Sunday.  So grab some hot chocolate and a cozy blanket.


5. Mighty Ducks: The mighty ducks movie series is one of my all time favorites. While I probably could watch these movies in the middle of July in dying heat, it's not the point. I always associate this movie with winter time. Who doesn't love Goldberg? 




6. Sweaters: A staple in any good fashion wardrobe is a good sweater. I love a big, fluffy, cozy sweater that makes you feel warm even when you are stuck at work. Sweaters come in all shapes and sizes but a good winter sweater just makes the season that much better. You'll be surprise how much the season grows on you when you like your outfit.


7. Miracle: This classic tale about a group of young amateur hockey players and their combine talents that took down the Russians during the height of the cold war is another great winter classic. I can not picture a winter without it. I also watch this movie when I need an inspirational pick me up. Herb Brooks just always speaks to me, because "great moments are born from great opportunity". 




Hopefully, this little list gives you some things to look forward to, especially with a snow storm rolling in. Winter isn't all bad. It's actually my favorite time of the year, and I am not just saying that because I have a winter birthday either. 







No comments:

Post a Comment