Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Open Mind Will Open Doors

Knowing that life can take you absolutely anywhere is exciting to me, but also scary.  I often find myself having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that I could wake up tomorrow with a new challenge that wasn't even on my radar.

I feel the real challenge of this idea is being accepting of whatever comes your way, for whatever change may come may not always be good. That idea alone is what scares me the most. I know there is no way to prevent the bad from happening, but knowing that there is still a potential is enough to stop me in my tracks.

But, you also can't live your life in fear of the bad things that will happen because there is no way to tell what is going to happen. If I had any idea where life was going to take me I probably wouldn't have changed my major 9 times.

Everything in life isn't bad and living in that anticipation only takes away your quality of life. So take chances and take risks because even failing could lead down a path greater than you ever imagined. For example, I had to try 9 different majors to find out I was good with money and math and a career as an accountant would be ideal for me.

Embrace the change as it comes, you will be surprise where it takes you. Whether you find yourself on a new career path or a new path in general, change may be bad at first but worth it in the long run. Everyone has a gift in this world, it is all how you use yours.

The early bird does get the worm but so does every other bird because there are more than enough worms the challenge is getting the worm. Having the fight and the drive will pay off in the long run. Knowing deep down that everything you do today will set you up for tomorrow.

So let's take a step back and not let fear drive our lives and experience life to the fullest. An open mind will open doors. But even a small change is still a change in the world. Now that I am done quoting cliches,  I hope you take some with you.

Remember it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. I talk from experience as a 5'2 lacrosse player.

No comments:

Post a Comment