Saturday, January 28, 2017

My Favorites

My new extension of my blog is My Favorites. Every Saturday, I hope to post my favorite song, my favorite album, and my favorite artist of the week. Some may be new releases, some may be throw backs. But I hope it shows more dimension than compared to my usual Thursday Playlists.

This week my favorites are:

Favorite Song: Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran. As it comes to shock to no one, I have been playing this song on constant repeat since its release almost 2 weeks ago. I love the message of this song, especially as I, myself, am moving out of my dad's house. While Ed has been on the road for a while, and took a break and is excited to return to his boring old hometown, I hope to have the same nostalgia as I return to my Castle, even if I am moving 8 miles down the road. I also, recently, learned that this song's music videos features kids from his high school, which makes me appreciate him more as a person and as an artist as it brings a realness to his music.

 

Favorite Album: As I often get teased about, my current favorite album is The Warblers from the Glee soundtrack. I know, it is crazy to me that I wrote that and I am willing to admit that on my blog. But I love this album. I love the arrangement of these covers, I love that it comes from an array of genres, which seems like it is all over the place, but the album is still cohesive. I enjoy listening to this while I am driving. I feel like Darren Criss' voice also brings a lot to this album. He power vocals and personalty add a lot to this album.


Favorite Artist: I recently had gotten back into Katy Perry. I heard an acoustic version of her song "The One That Got Away" and it just made me appreciate her lyrics. She has a powerful gift of song writing and the catchiness of this song in particular, and especially the stripped down version, just resinates with me. While, I understand that some of her music can be overplayed, her ability to song-write is something that should be appreciated and recognized.




No comments:

Post a Comment