Tuesday, January 31, 2017

One OK Rock - Ambitions / Album Review






I have to admit, I was pretty skeptical of this band. I have heard one or two of their songs before, and just wasn't impressed. It sounded so much of the same, and I seemed to have forgotten them with due time. In fact, I even saw them opened for All Time Low on the Back to the Future Hearts Tour.

But the other day, they popped up in my suggestions playlist courtesy of Spotify. And I fell in love with their new album. In fact, I have played it on repeat since Friday.

This is the eighth full length album for the band, and the first one since they signed with Fueled By Ramen.This album reminds me so much of the early All Time Low circa Weightless. These vibes hit right at home for me. Ironically, I have a small vocabulary for having a blog. But seriously, check it out.

Some of my favorite tracks on the album are Bombs Away, Jaded, Hard To Love, American Girls, I Was King, and Take What You Want.

I love the lyrics, I love the melodies, I love the finish package. So much of the 2006 me/scene era is revived in this album.

I feel like I could talk forever on this album, but I highly suggest it and I would recommend it to a friend.

My grades for the album:

Lyrics: A-
Melodies: A
Cover Art: B
Vocals: B+
Featuring Artists: A
Overall: A-



No comments:

Post a Comment